ANTIPAROS, the ancient Oliaros, an island of the kingdom of Greece, one of the Cyclades, in the modern eparchy of Naxos, situated on the west of Paros, front which it is separated by a strait about a mile and a half wide at the narrowest point. It is 7 miles long by 3 broad, and contains about 500 inhabitants, most of whom are collected in Kastro, a village on the north coast ; their chief employments are agriculture and fishing. The only remarkable feature in the island is a stalactite cavern, which is situated near the south coast, and is reached by a narrow passage, that is broken by several steep and somewhat dangerous descents. The grotto itself, which is supposed to be about 80 feet high, and more than 300 in length and breadth, presents a scene of the most dazzlinu° brilliance and splendour. M. de Nointel dis- covered it in 1673, but there is reason to believe that it had been known to the ancients.