CABRA, a town of ;Spain, in the province of Cordova, about 28 miles S.E. of that city, situated in a fertile valley near the source of the river of the same name. It contains a cathedral church (de la Asuncion) which was formerly a mosque, and has also a theatre, a hospital, a college, and several monasteries. There still remains a part of its old castle called the Tower of Homage ; and the abyss into which Don Quixote's Knight del Basque precipitated himself is pointed out. The fields of clay in the neighbour. hood afford materials for a considerable trade in bricks and pottery ; and there is an abundant supply of wine, vinegar, oil, and flour from the surrounding districts. The manufacture of coarse linen, woollen, and hempen stuffs is considerable. There are some interesting Moorish remains to be seen in the town and suburbs. Cobra is a town of great antiquity and is identified with the Bikbro or YEgabro of Pliny, which was probably of Punic origin. It was delivered from the Moors by Ferdinand III. in 1240, and entrusted to the order of Calatrava, but in 1331 it was recaptured by the king of Granada. In the reign of Henry TV. it was bestowed on the count of Baena. For several centuries it was the seat of a bishop. Population 11,076.