ITOSKUROFF, a district town of the government of Podolia, Russia, situated on the railway from Odessa to Lemberg, 62 miles to the north-west of Sehmerinka junction, and on the highway- front Zhitomir to Kieff. It is poorly built, mostly of wood, on a low marshy plain surrounded by hills, at the junction of the Ploskaya, with the Bug. Its old castle has been destroy-ed, the site being occupied by a, Catholic church. The Orthodox cathedral (1839) contains a very ancient and highly venerated icon of the Virgin. The manufactures are insignificant ; but the Jewish merchants carry on an active export trade in corn and sugar, while the imports consist of salt and various manufactured wares. Agriculture and market-gardening are the chief occupations of its Little-Russian inhabitants. Of the population (11,750 in 1880) more than one-half are Jews.