EAST SAGINAW, a city of Saginaw county, Michigan, United States, is situated on the Saginaw river, about 90 miles N.N.W. of Detroit. It extends about three miles along the river, with a breadth of nearly a, mile. It is the principal deplit of the salt and lumber trade of the Saginaw valley, and possesses foundries, boiler-shops, saw-mills, and shingle-mills. It is the terminus of the Saginaw Valley and St Louis Railway, while ft branch of the Flint and Pere Marquette Railway radiates here to Bay city and another to Caro, Tuscola county. On the opposite bank of the river is the Jackson, Lansing, and Saginaw line. East Saginaw was incorporated as a village in 1855, and obtained a city charter in 1859. Population in 1870, 11,350.