Finale Dell' Emilia
FINALE DELL' EMILIA, a town of Italy, circle of Mirandola, province of Modena, is situated on the right bank of the Panaro, 10 miles from its junction with the Po. It receives its name from its situation on the border line between the duchy of Modena and the States of the Church. It has manufactures of silk and woollen fabrics, and some trade in corn, wine, hemp, and fruits. Finale owes its origin to a castle connected with the monastery of Nonantola. The town was taken by the imperial troops in 1703 on its being abandoned by the French. It was again taken by the French in 1704, and by Prince Eugene in 1706. The population in 1871 was 4456.