FREIWALDAU, a town in Austrian Silesia, circle of Troppau, is situated in a pleasant valley 40 miles W.N.W. of Troppau. It was formerly a protection-town of the archbishopric of Breslau, and possesses an old castle and a large church. Its industries are linen and cotton weaving, flax-spinning, and wax-bleaching About a mile and a half distant is time well-known hydropathic establishment of Grtifenberg. In 1869 the population of Freiwaldau, including suburbs, was:5242.