FIORENICOLA, a small town of Italy, in the province of Piacenza, about 13 miles from the city of that name, on the right of the Arda, which is there crossed by a noble bridge. The ancient towers in the piazza, the collegiate church of S. Fiorenzo with its beautiful carved work, and the old Palazzo Grossi are the principal objects of interest. The town is of no small antiquity, and in the 9th century it was the scene of a sanguinary battle between Berenger of Italy and Rudolph II. of Burgundy. The Scotti, the Visconti, the Pallavieini, and the Farnesi were successively in possession of the fee. In the vicinity are the ruins of the old city of Veleia, which was overthrown by a landslip in the 4th century. Population of the town in 1871, 3295 ; of the commune, 6730.