GEORGSWALDE, a town of Northern Bohemia, on the borders of Saxony, in the circle of Leitineritz, about 35 miles E. of Dresden, with a station on the North Bohemian railway. Besides Old and New Georgswalde, it comprises Wiesenao and Philippsdorf, the latter a place which since 1868 has attained celebrity through the miracles attributed! to its image of the Virgin. Georgswalde was founded in the beginning of the 17th century, and ranks as one of time oldest industrial centres of Bohemia, sharing with the neigh bouring town of Rumburg a reputation for excellent linen. The parish church is a fine building. In 1869 the total population was 8220, of whom 5671 were in Old Georgswalde.