GENEVA, a post village of Ontario county, New York, U.S., is beautifully situated at the north end of Seneca Lake, on the New York central railway and at the terminus of the Ithaca branch railway, 52 miles E.S.E. of Rochester. One of its chief features is the terraced gardens, which extend from the principal street to the shore of the lake ; and there are also two fine parks. Geneva is the seat of Hobart Free College, which is under Episcopalian management, and has 9 professors and about 50 students. It has also a graded union school, attended by upwards of 1000 pupils. The prosperity of the town depends chiefly on tire nurseries in the neighbourhood, which extend to nearly 10,000 acres, and from which plants to the value of more than 1,000,000 dollars are shipped annually. There are also marble-works, benching-works, and iron-works. A daily line of steamers plies between Geneva and Watkins at the head of the lake. The population in 1870 was 5521.