KITZINGEN, a town in the government district of Lower Franconia, and Aschaffenburg, Bavaria, is situated on the Main, 95 miles south east of Frankfort by rail. A bridge, 950 yards long, connects it with its suburb Etwashausen on the left bank of the river. A railway bridge also spans the Main at this point. Kitzingen has walls and towers, an old church of the 15th century, a trade school and a grammar school, a town house, a hospital (since 1344), and two old convents. Breweries (with large export of beer), a steam-mill for grain, tan, and timber, and manufactories of casks, chocolate, &c., employ the inhabitants. Considerable trade in wine, fruit, grain, and timber is carried on by boats on the Main. The population in 1875 was 6393.