LAGOS, a town in the district of Faro, which is coextensive with the province of Algarve, in Portugal, is situated on the south coast of the kingdom, on a bay which forms its harbour. The town is fairly well built ; but beyond one or two churches, the batteries that defend the port, and an aqueduct SOO yards lung, it has no special features of interest. It holds the formal rank of city, and enjoys a respectable historical position from its connexion with Prince Henry the Navigator, whose caravels generally sailed from its harbour. The material prosperity of the town was injured by an earthquake that laid it in ruins in 1755. The inhabitants are engaged in the tunny fishery and in vine raising. The population in 187S was 7881. Lagos is held to be situated on or near the site of the Roman colony Lacobriga.