KILIA, a seaport town of Roumania, formerly in the province of Moldavia, situated on the northern bank of the northern arm of the lower Danube, 20 miles from its mouth. The inhabitants, between 6000 and 7000 in number, are mainly engaged in the river trade and fisheries. Kilia was occupied by the Russians in 1790, and bombarded by the English and French in 1854. 01(1 Kilia is on the opposite side of the river. A plan of the present town will be found in the maps published by the European Commission of the Danube.