KHAMGAON, a town ill Akola district, Berar, India, in 20° 42' 30" N. let., 76° 37' 30" E long., with a population in 1867 of 9432. The cotton market - the largest in the province - was established about 1820. A branch line of 8 miles, opened in 1870, connects Khamgaon with the Great Indian Peninsula Railway. In fair seasons above 100,000 bullock-loads of cotton are brought into Khampon on the weekly market day. To the cast of the town is a large enclosed cotton-market. The factories of the Berar Ginning Company and the Mofussil Pressing Company possess steam machinery for full-pressing cotton.