Graslitz, Or Grasslitz
GRASLITZ, or GRASSLITZ (Bohemian Kraslice), a town in the north-west of Bohemia, near the Saxon frontier, in the circle of Elbogen, 88 miles N.W. of Prague, 50° 21' N. lat., 12° 27' E. long., is advantageously situated in a valley between high hill's, at the confluence of the Silberbach and Zwoda. It is the headquarters of a military district, the seat of a court of justice, and has a custom-house, a handsome church built in 1618 and dedicated to Corpus Christi, and several manufactories of cotton and woollen stuffs, and of musical and mathematical instruments, looking-glasses, brass, copper, and wire goods, and paper. Graslitz is one of the most important industrial towns in Bohemia, and the centre of the lace-weaving districts of the Erzgebirge. In 1869 the population, inclusive of the small suburb of Glasberg, amounted to 6549.