HAPUR, or HAPooR, an ancient town of India in the Meerut district, North-Western Provinces, 28° 43' 20" N. lat., 77° 19' 45" E. long., lies on the Meerut and Bulandshahr road, 18 miles south of the former city. During the mutiny, Walidad Kb/in of MalAgarh threatened Ha,pur, but was obliged by the loyal Jilts of Bhatona to retire. Several fine groves surround the town, but the wall and ditch have fallen out of repair, and only the names of the five gates now remain. It contains a tahsili, a police station, schoolhouse, dispensary, 3 sarciis, 28 mosques, and 25 temples. Considerable trade is carried on in sugar, grain, cotton, timber, bamboos, and brass utensils. Population (1872), 14,544, comprising 869G Hindus, 5847 Mahornetans, and 1 Christian. Municipal revenue (1875-76), £1208.