FUZES-GYARMAT, a market-town in the Trans-Tibiscan county of Bdkds, is somewhat unfavourably situated in the extensive marshy tract of country known as the Sarret, 47' 5' N. lat,, 21° 13' E. long. The town has few noteworthy buildings, with the exception of the Calvinist church and some elegant private residences. The chief products of the rich, dark, alluvial soil of the neighbourhood are wheat, tobacco, hay, grapes, and other fruits. Horned cattle, pigs, and sheep (both merino and Hungarian) are bred on the wide-spreading pasture-lands, and numerous water-fowl and wading birds, especially herons, inhabit the reed-covered marshes. The water used for drinking purposes is, however, frequently muddy and warm, and unpleasant to the taste. In 1870 the population was 5735, of whom the great majority were Magyars.