WALDENBURG, an active industrial town in Prussian Silesia, is situated on the Polsnitz, 39 miles south-west of Breslau. It contains a handsome modern town-house and two churches. Among the chief industrial establishments are a large porcelain and stoneware factory, extensive fire-clay works, glass-works, and a china-painting establishment ; and there are numerous flax-spinneries and linen-factories in the neighbourhood. Adjoining the town on the south is the village of Oberwaldenburg, with a chateau. Waldenburg lies in the centre of the extensive and pro ductive coal-district of the Waldenburger Gebirge, a branch of the Sudetic chain. The town, which received municipal rights in the 16th century, had a population of 12,999 in 1885; in 1816 the population was 1768. There are villages of the same name in Saxony and WGrtemberg.