WEST TROY, a village of Albany county, New York, United States, is situated in the bottom-land on the west bank of the Hudson, opposite Troy, with which it is connected by an iron bridge, and 5 miles north of Albany. It is at the termini of the Erie and Champlain Canals, and is on a railroad line of the Delaware and Hudson Canal Company. The village is well laid out, has water and gas, is provided with street cars, and has extensive manufactures of a varied character, but particularly of iron. The Watervliet (United States) arsenal is situated here. The population, 10,693 in 1870, was 8820 (2427 of foreign birth) in 1880.