URALSK, capital of the above province, is situated on the upper Ural, at its confluence with the Tchagan, 1095 miles south-east from Moscow. The town is well built, with regular streets; among its prominent buildings arc the theatre, the club, and two gymnasiums; and it is beautified by numerous gardens. The scientific society issues publications of great value. There is a very brisk trade in fish, cattle, hides, tallow, grain (exported), and in manufactured goods (imported). The population in 1879 was 20,680.