MIIZAFFARNAG AR, chief town and administrative headquarters of the above district, is situated on the military road from Meerut to Landaur in 29° 28' N. lat. and 77° 44' E. long. The population in 1881 was 15,080, of whom 8814 were males and 6266 females. It is a closely-built town, crowded with small lanes, and was founded in 1633. It is now a station on the Sind, Punjab, and Delhi Railway, and has a considerable trade in agricultural produce.