CHRISTIANSUND, a seaport town on the west coast of Norway, in the amt of Romsdal, 85 miles W.S.W. of Trondhjem, in 63° 3' N. lat. and 7° 40' E. long. It is built on three small islands, by which its harbour is enclosed. The chief exports are wood, fish, and fish products. Till 1742 Christiansund was called Lille-Fosen. Population, 5709.